For just $1.89, you can give give a neighbor experiencing hunger and homelessness a hot Christmas meal!
With the help of local churches and businesses, we hope to grow our women’s program to offer real help and hope to homeless women struggling to survive on the streets of Oakland. Women are in need of clothing, showers, hygiene products, meals, Bible studies, and fellowship within the doors of CityTeam. We hope that women will experience a safe and welcoming environment where they can sit down with a case manager. Again, this is a ministry that relies on partnerships to grow.
We host our Women’s Day Drop-in Service every 2nd& 4thFriday of the month from 11am-2:30pm. Please join us as we provide an atmosphere of love and relaxation for the women in our city through:
- Respite: safe environment to rest and recharge
- Nourishment: Body- food, water / Mind-Calm atmosphere / Spirit -The presence of Christ
- Personal hygiene: foot washing, haircut, shower, clean clothes and other essential items
- Compassion: a listening ear, a heart of empathy and the assurance of God‘s grace and mercy, prayer and encouragement.
If you are interested in volunteering for our women’s day drop-in service or events for House of Hope, you can learn more about our current volunteer needs by visiting our volunteer link.
Blessing Kits for Women in Need
Each day when women come to our dining hall, we hope to provide Blessing Kits, which contain a few hygiene items to help them in their daily struggle with homelessness. Also inside these kits would be a Biblical word of encouragement to show that all of us care and how much God loves them.
You can make a difference today by making Blessing Kits!
- Granola bar or crackers
- Hand wipes or sanitizing wipes
- Pack of tissues
- Maxi pads / tampons
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail clippers
- Hand moisturizer
- Mini flyer of how CityTeam can help
- Note of encouragement & uplifting Bible verse
You can pack the items in large (gallon size) plastic bags.
Deliver kits to Cityteam Oakland at 722 Washington Street, Oakland, CA 94607.
A donation of $15 can provide a woman struggling with homelessness in the Oakland area a chance to feel compassionately cared for.
If you have any questions, or would like to know more information about our ministries, programs, or ways to partner with us, please email Ashley Ross, Program Manager, at email@example.com