For just $1.89, you can give give a neighbor experiencing hunger and homelessness a hot Christmas meal!
Job Title: Vehicle Donations Coordinator
Area/Location: Finance / San Jose
Reports to: VP Finance
Subordinates: Interns and Volunteers
Date Submitted for Revision: 4.3.18
Job Description Approved: 4.30.18
Classification: Coordinator / Part-time 20-hours / Non-exempt
Salary: Range starts at $19 hour/DOE
The Vehicle Donations Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overall management and supervision of Cityteam’s Vehicle Donation Program. This involves interacting in a Christ-like manner with internal staff, prospective donors, clients, vehicle buyers, and outside vendors. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with people from various ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds. He or she will have a working knowledge of cars and have a strong customer service background. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the administrative skills necessary to take care of all paperwork and reports. The Vehicle Donations Coordinator will help ensure that existing policies and procedures are followed and fairly administered.
- Respond to incoming calls and emails regarding the Vehicle Donation Program in a timely manner.
- Coordinate vehicle acceptance and disposition, including pick-up and delivery to Cityteam, dealers, disposal sites, and repair facilities.
- List and update postings on Craig’s List and other sale venues for the vehicles available for sale.
- Ensure timely preparation and facilitation of all DMV paperwork for donor, Cityteam, and clients so as to avoid penalties and sanctions.
- Maintain vehicle folders and vehicle tracking spreadsheet.
- Assist in administration of internal sales.
- Work with the Finance Department concerning insurance issues.
- Supervise volunteers and or interns.
- Additional duties as assigned by VP Finance.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Push 100 pounds
- Lift and carry 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid California driver’s license with no more than two-points and no DUI related incidents in the past ten years.
- Handling vehicle maintenance and repairs needs, vehicle sales, and DMV processes
- Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 3-years of customer service experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience working with people from various walks of life
- Experience or aptitude in sales, marketing, or vendor negotiations preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ